Ecosystems Vocabulary - Life Science Differentiated Lesson for Ecology FREE
Use our Life science differentiated vocabulary for Ecology in your classroom to cover food chains, food webs (predator, prey, carnivore, omnivore, herbivore), and how animals have created symbiotic relationships within their habitats. This reading even covers animal populations, carrying capacity, and limiting factors.
Our differentiated vocabulary lessons are perfect for any classroom. The readings are the same for below and above level readers but the questions are differentiated. Students don't even need to know that they are receiving work that is different from their peers as they learn about ecology terms.
This Ecology Differentiated Vocabulary Lesson is perfect for:
* Below level readers- ESOL students or those that require scaffolding and support as the vocabulary terms are bold face in the reading and the questions are simplified with matching or recall activities.
* Above level readers- Honors, challenge or AP students as the vocabulary terms are not in bold, students use graphic organizers, make their own definitions, and answer extension questions which require inference skills.
We have vocabulary sheets for all biology/life science topics:
1. Scientific Method
3. Cell Processes
7. Human Body: Medical Prefixes and Suffixes
- a FREE vocabulary lesson that goes along with our Intro to Ecology
Want them all? Save and buy the Life Science Vocabulary Bundle- ALL Units Differentiated for ALL Readers
Use this lesson on its own or GO BIG and get it in our 6-7 week long Ecology Bundled Unit: PowerPoint and ALL Handouts
a 4-5 week long unit is composed of 130+ slide PowerPoint and 40+ pages of handouts which includes all FOUR sections and the accompanying study guide:
1. What's in an Ecosystem- intro to Ecology
2. Food Chains & Food Webs
3. Interactions Among Living Things
4. Biomes of the World
5. Study Guide for Ecology Unit
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Ecology Think Tickets: Task Cards for Science Exploration
- Interactive Notebook Ecology Scavenger Hunt Activity
- Ecology Word Wall
- Cootie Catcher / Fortune Teller: Life Science Vocabulary Bundle
which includes several Ecology cootie catchers.
Take a look at Getting Nerdy with Mel and Gerdy‘s:
Getting Nerdy Blog
We aim to please. Before leaving feedback, please contact us via "Ask a Question" and let us know if we can help make our products better for you and your students.
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Ecology Vocabulary Reading Differentiated for ALL Readers by © Getting Nerdy, LLC