Also included in
- Make teaching 3rd 4th Grade Science fun with these engaging with this Science Bundle for the Entire Year. This Science for the Year MEGA Bundle includes 12 of my BEST-SELLING Science Units for upper elementary students.Science Units Included:1. Weather 2. Solar System 3. Light and Sound4. Force andPrice $84.00Original Price $126.00Save $42.00
- Ecosystems and Biomes Bundle has information about types of biomes, photosynthesis, herbivores, omnivores, carnivores, and food chains. This bundle has it all! This unit has 20 passages, organizers, vocabulary posters, activities, a PowerPoint presentation and so much more! Students will love this kPrice $24.00Original Price $35.00Save $11.00
- Four of our BEST-SELLING Units are in this Earth Science Bundle: Habitats, Animal Adaptations, Animal Classification, and Ecosystems. Each unit in the bundle includes reading passages, lots of activities, teacher pacing guides, vocabulary posters, tests, and more!What's Inside:1. Habitats of the WorPrice $33.00Original Price $49.00Save $16.00
- TWO of our BEST-SELLING units: Habitats and Ecosystems, are in this bundle with BOTH printables and digital units for Google Classroom. Each unit in the bundle includes reading passages, lots of activities, teacher pacing guides, vocabulary posters, tests, and more!What's Inside:1. Habitats of the WPrice $27.00Original Price $41.00Save $14.00
Make teaching about ecosystems fun with these engaging and hands-on activities. This complete unit has information about biomes, food chains, photosynthesis, herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores. Your students will love learning all about ecosystems with this BEST SELLER!
- Types of Ecosystems (Micro, Meso, Biomes)
- Biomes: Aquatic and Terrestrial
- Abiotic and Biotic
- Herbivores, Carnivores, and Omnivores
- Natural Cycles of Earth
- The Balance of Nature
- Producers, Consumers, and Decomposers
- Animals Basic Needs
- Food Webs & Chains
- Tri-fold (Brochure) Organizers for INBs
- Comprehension Questions
- Flipbook (5-pages)
- Photosynthesis Sequence Activity
- Producers, Consumers, Decomposers Notebook Flaps
- Ecosystems Match-up Flaps
- Video Links shared on YouTube
- Cloze Passages
- Vocabulary Posters
- Vocabulary Flip Flaps
- Spotlight on Vocabulary
- Rainforest Food Chain Activity
- Desert Food Chain Activity
- Fact or Fiction Activities
- Teacher's Pacing Guide
- Unit Test (Easel Assessment)
- Answer Keys
- Diagrams for Photosynthesis
- Diagrams for Food Chains
Plus students will meet a famous environmentalist, John Muir
There are 4 Main Activities:
Introduce the Unit with the Anticipatory Set with T/F questions to pique students’ interest and build background knowledge.
Introduce the vocabulary words with real-life photo posters. You could post these posters around the classroom and have the students travel around to write the definitions under the flip-flaps in their notebooks. These look fantastic on a bulletin board too!
Reading – Learning Stations:
As a class, read the first few passages about ecosystems, types of ecosystems, and biomes. Then set up a learning station or science center for further learning about related topics. Have students read the passages, answer the questions, and complete the organizer/activity for each concept to reinforce learning. Students can read about a famous environmentalist, John Muir.
For Herbivores, Carnivores, & Omnivores:
✔Tri-fold Organizers (2 pages)
✔Five Facts Webs
✔Identify & Sort Photo Activities
✔Fact or Fiction Coloring Activities
There are lots of activities included for partner work, fast-finishers, whole group discussion, homework, or for reviewing at the end of the unit:
✔Diagrams: Photosynthesis, Food Chains
THIS UNIT IS PART OF A SCIENCE MEGA BUNDLE
Using my Five-Step Method below makes learning about Ecosystems meaningful and fun for students.
Part 1: Hook’em with “Fast Facts” Anticipatory Guide. Students predict the answers to guided questions at the beginning of the unit and then check-n-correct their answers after learning the information or at the end of the unit.
Part 2: Read-n-visualize with high-interest passages all about ecosystems with real-life photographs. Use these passages as a unit overview, study guides, center (station) activities, group work, or even notes for their binders or notebooks.
Part 3: Focus on Skills
Fact vs. Opinion
Supporting Details and Main Idea
Part 4: Vocabulary posters with real-life photographs on the document camera, interactive whiteboards, or perfect for bulletin board displays. You can either preserve these for another year or bind them together as a book for your classroom library.
Part 5: Show what you've learned with exit slips, comprehension questions, and engaging activities to evaluate learning. Reflections are perfect for student portfolios and Parent-Teacher Conferences.
CHECK OUT MY OTHER POPULAR SCIENCE UNITS:
JUST FOR YOU!! To assess the quality and see the style of my work, please check out these two FREE activity packs by clicking below:
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER to be notified of special giveaways, shop updates, and to see our products in action!
***Please know that I spend a lot of time researching, creating, writing, and proofreading my work but even after several revisions there may still be a typo or grammatical error. Please let me know if you find a typo or feel that a correction is needed. Just click on the Ask a Question section or email me at email@example.com versus leaving negative feedback so I can fix it as soon as possible. I value your input to make my products the highest quality possible. Thank you in advance for your help and support!
Copyright © Heart 2 Heart Teaching LLC. All rights reserved. This file is intended for classroom and personal use only. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
**You may print for personal, classroom, and non-commercial use only.
**Clipart, graphics, and photographs, found inside this product are copyrighted. They may not be extracted from this file without written permission from the original artist(s).