Ecosystems and Biomes of the World - Ecology PowerPoint and Handouts Bundle.
Learn about the various biomes and ecosystems of the land (desert, arctic and alpine tundra, rainforest, temperate deciduous forest, prairie grassland, savanna, coniferous forest/taiga) and water (freshwater- wetlands, swamps, bogs, marshes, rivers and streams, lakes and ponds; marine- estuary, intertidal beach, coral reef, benthic zone, deep and open ocean). Students will take notes on the various biomes, draw pictures of the plants and animals that inhabit each biomes, and then watch relevant videos about environmental topics and answer questions or write a brief essay as an exit ticket. Included is a biome diorama project and two movie sheets perfect for this unit: Finding Nemo and Last Stand of the Great Bear.
Our Ecology PowerPoint lessons and handouts that are designed for a literal day-by-day instruction implementation. Or pick and choose the lessons you want to teach and apply to your own curriculum as you see fit
This 2-3 week long unit is composed of:
* 65+ slide PowerPoint presentation complete with title slides, objectives, bell work, fill in the blank notes, animations, and hyperlinks.
* 24 pages of student notes,diagrams + answer keys.
* Biome Diorama
with a rubric.
* Last Stand of the Great Bear Documentary
* Finding Nemo Movie Questions
* Each group of biome notes (organized by climate/terrain) concludes with a relevant video that students must reflect on as their exit ticket.
Buy this lesson on its own or GO BIG and buy it in our 6-7 week long Ecology Bundled Unit: PowerPoint and ALL Handouts
a 4-5 week long unit is composed of 130+ slide PowerPoint and 40+ pages of handouts which includes all FOUR sections and the accompanying study guide:
1. What's in an Ecosystem- intro to Ecology
2. Food Chains & Food Webs
3. Interactions Among Living Things
4. Biomes of the World
5. Study Guide for Ecology Unit
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Ecology Think Tickets: Task Cards for Science Exploration
- Ecology Scavenger Hunt Activity for INBs
- Ecology Word Wall
- Cootie Catcher / Fortune Teller: Life Science Vocabulary Bundle
which includes several Ecology cootie catchers.
Click this link to find out how this lesson fits with your NGSS, TEKS or GSE Science Classroom
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Ecology PowerPoint and Handouts: Biomes and Ecosystems of the World by © Getting Nerdy, LLC