Ever wonder what an online dating profile for Edgar Allan Poe would look like? What would he include for character traits?
Students will work through a number of activities focused on Edgar Allan Poe's life and poetry. Students will read an informational flyer to learn of Poe's life and use that information to create a TerrorMatch.com profile much like an online dating service.
Poe's character as a speaker in his poems can also be used.
Also includes activity or assessment questions for teaching two of Poe's poems as paired passages with his bio. Includes answer keys.
This packet includes all of the following:
1) Informational Flyer for biography of Edgar Allan Poe
2) TerrorMatch.com template
- draw a picture depicting what character looks like
- answer questions from evidence in the informational flyer or the poems
- describe the character’s ideal date
- choose an appropriate username and password based on what you know about your character
* match.com template can be used for Poe or Annabel Lee
3) Poem – “Annabel Lee” with annotation space for notes of character of Annabel Lee or Poe as the speaker
4) Questions pairing “Annabel Lee” and the informational flyer
5) Poem – “Alone” with annotation space for notes of character for Poe as the speaker
6) Questions pairing “Alone” and the informational flyer
7) Answer Key for paired passage questions
First page states what is included, six pages are of activities, and last page is answer key.
Want to earn TpT credits?
After you purchase, rate and comment this item after you've had a chance to use it. For every dollar you spend on TpT, you'll earn 1 credit. Every 20 credits you earn equals $1 to apply toward future TpT purchases. That is why I price many of my items in whole $ amounts to get you the most credit.