From Electric English...
This is a comprehensive packet for Poe and his poem, "The Raven". You might notice as you peruse my store that each of these items is listed individually, as well as, bundled. For example, the answer key for the biography assessment is listed separate from the assessment itself.... This is not because I am greedy or want to squeeze one more dollar out of you.
No, I list everything separate because as a teacher, I know, that sometimes you want some material but do not want other material. And, you should not have to pay for items you do not need. To continue with my previous example, you might just want to do the answer key yourself and save the money.... I completely understand the need to save money; what teacher doesn't :) But if you do want it all...
This packet contains one or two weeks of work, depending on how much is done in class vs. supplemental work at home. I have, intentionally, not included lesson plans with these packets because I feel, at times, they can be stifling.... The idea here is; you can pick and choose whatever material you want; in whatever order you want (depending on the time you have); instead of, constantly feeling like you must adhere to a certain schedule. Plus, this way, you have many resources at your disposal and can mix and match from year to year depending on your mood. This packet contains the following:
- Notes: Dark Romanticism Typed
- Notes: Dark Romanticism Powerpoint
- Notes: Annotating a Text
- Notes: Annotation a Text - Student Examples
- Biography: Student Research
- Biography: Timeline Typed Notes
- Biography: Video - 2 Column Notes (This is for the A and E version.)
- Biography: Video - Assessment Questions
- Biography: Video - Assessment Questions Key
- Raven: Full Text
- Raven: Dark Romanticism Activity
- Raven: TP-CASTT Activity
- Raven: Artistic Activity: Sculpture Sessions
- Song: "Blackbird" by The Beatles
- Audio: Christopher Walken Reading
Please contact me with any questions or observations you might have :)