This Edgar Allan Poe unit is designed to keep students exciting, intrigued, and interactive throughout the entire study. The four stories/poems that are read include: The Tell-Tale Heart, The Black Cat, The Pit and the Pendulum, and The Raven.
RESOURCE UPDATED AS OF 10/7/2019 (Six new resources added)
This unit includes:
- 10 Edgar Allan Poe themed bell ringers
- Introductory internet scavenger hunt with answer key
- The Life of Edgar Allan Poe PowerPoint Presentation with guided notes
- The Tell Tale Heart complexity wheel
- The Pit and the Pendulum interactive task cards with answer key
- The Black Cat Focus Lesson
- The Raven text annotation activity
- Tic-tac-toe quizzes for each short story/poem
- Character guides for The Black Cat and The Tell Tale Heart + answer key
- Five minute horror stories writing activity
- House listings from Poe's stories
- Newspaper article activity
- Pluto's perspective (differing POVs) bulletin board/decor activity
- Spooky short story activity
- Final test (can be used with a combination of text's by Poe)
Please download the preview for more information!
Connect with Me
Find me on Snapchat: Superheroteach
If you like this product, please leave feedback!