This unit exposes students to Edgar Allan Poe through his short story "The Cask of Amontillado" and his poem "Annabel Lee."
Contents include the following:
1. Unit instructions
2. An eight-page PDF of the "The Cask of Amontillado" text from Chapter 3 of the Holt ELA 9 textbook, including annotations for the teacher
3. A ten-page student packet of sixty reading questions for "The Cask of Amontillado" with thirteen pictures
4. A twenty-eight-question crossword puzzle reviewing "The Cask of Amontillado" (pdf)
5. A copy of the poem "Annabel Lee" with pictures
6. A four-page student packet of twenty-nine reading questions for "Annabel Lee"
7. A sixteen-question crossword puzzle reviewing "Annabel Lee" (pdf)
8. An eight-page test covering both texts plus the Poe poem "Eldorado" with thirty multiple-choice questions linked to seven Common Core standards
9. A five-page essay assessment comparing the two texts
10. Full teacher answer keys for everything
This unit has been meticulously prepared. I am sure you will find it to be an excellent value and to your satisfaction. Unless otherwise noted, all documents are in Microsoft Word to allow you to make any alterations that you so desire.