What student doesn't want to have a little fun while learning? Students will use Skittles (to represent electrons) to construct the atomic structure of an assigned element. This activity works great as an individual activity or in pairs. Students love the reward of eating their element when they are finished. I have also used M&Ms and fruit loops as an alternative.
- Answer the questions about their assigned element
- On the back of the handout, draw the atomic structure of their assigned element using Skittles instead of electron "dots"
- Once teacher checks to make sure students assembled their assigned element correctly, allow students to eat the Skittles if they wish! A little food as motivation never hurts!
Other Products In My Store You Might Be Interested In:
All rights reserved by State of the Art Science
- This is product is to be used by the original purchaser
- Intended for classroom and personal use only
- Copying for more than one teacher, classroom or department is prohibited
- This product may not be displayed or distributed for public view