I don't know about you, but as a kid, I thought my birthday was the best day ever! Going to school on your birthday wasn't ever the best thing, though. However, as a teacher, I love making my students want to come to school on their birthday!
In this birthday bundle, there are the goodies that I use in my own classroom to celebrate my students on their birthdays!
This bundle includes:
- A birthday menu (pre-made and editable)
- Birthday choice coupons (pre-made and editable)
- Birthday signature certificate
- Birthday ribbons (12 colors/patterns)
- Birthday message sticky notes (6 different messages)
- Birthday homework passes (4 options)
- Birthday morning work passes (2 options)
- Birthday Word search
How I use each item:
- A birthday menu ---> My school is a "no food" school, so I had to get creative on ways for the students to feel celebrated without cupcakes or candy. This birthday menu has some fun pre-made options. However, it's always fun to start the year off by having the students help you make the birthday menu, so there is an editable version.
- Birthday choice coupons ---> These coupons match the menu. Students turn in their coupon (3 days before their birthday) and it gives you (teacher brain!) a reminder to celebrate them. I make sure they turn it in in advance, so I remember to set aside that extra time for celebrating.
- Birthday signature certificate ---> Students LOVE hearing positive things about themselves, especially from their peers. This certificate gives classmates a chance to write a sweet message to the birthday boy/girl. (I still have one of these type of things from when I was in 4th grade! *cough, hoarder. ;)*)
- Birthday ribbons ----> I print these off, laminate them, hole punch, and turn it into a necklace. The student gets to wear the ribbon all day long, so everyone they pass knows it's their birthday!
- Birthday message sticky notes ----> These are great to stick on the students' desk on the morning of their birthday. I, personally, have a "party coordinator" job that does this for the student, so I don't have to remember. Yet, the birthday child loves seeing their desk decorated!
- Birthday homework passes ---> Who wants to do homework on their birthday? NO ONE! This is a perfect little present from you to the birthday student!
- Birthday morning work passes ---> Doing classwork on your birthday isn't that fun either, so I like to give my students this free pass on morning work on their birthday!
- Birthday Word search ---> This birthday word search is what I give students in place of their morning work, but you could also give it to them as something fun to do at home!