Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
50 jobs already made for you, but also EDITABLE!
If you teach students who want to be Leaders when they grow up, then this is the perfect set of classroom jobs! Inspired by the idea that each student has his or her own special talent related to something in the "read world" that they would be great at, these jobs don't use the same old names you might be used to. Read the following descriptions so you know exactly what it is included in this packet!
*Editable cards attached via a PowerPoint file. You will download a zip file, which will include the non-editable cards pre-created for you AND a PowerPoint file of blank cards for you to type into. Font information if you want your fonts to match mine is also included.*
*Now features TWO DIFFERENT DESIGNS. The original design was left there in case any of you who have previously purchased still want that design. A NEW DESIGN was also included in 2018 (mainly just an updated border and fonts to look more modern!). Editable cards for both designs included in the PowerPoint file.*
1. Postmaster: This is your classroom messenger or courier. This students will bring messages to and from different people/teachers if you need them to do so.
2. Teacher’s Assistant: Just like it sounds! This person is there for the teacher whenever there are little odd jobs around that need to be done. Things like passing out papers, carrying items if the teacher needs an extra hand, etc.
3. Greeter: This students will arrive on the early side and help the teacher greet the students as they come in to the classroom in the morning. We usually shake hands and say “Good morning! How was your day yesterday? What did you do after school? You’re going to have a great day today!”
4. Computer Technician: This students helps remember to turn the computers off at the end of the day. They are also useful when it comes to organizing the computer station (headphones, mouse, etc.)
5. Grounds crew: Usually I choose 2 students for this job. They make sure the cafeteria is clean when we leave lunch, and they help out to make sure the classroom floors remain clean. They are not maids...and do not pick up after others who are just being messy.
6. Public Relations Spokesman: This person does any public speaking that needs to be done for the class. Announcements at the end of the day, etc. They are sometimes my “Game Host” if we play Jeopardy or other games.
7. Navigator & Line Leader: (2 separate cards) This student is the line leader! They must always know where we are going and how to get there. They also know where in the hallway to stop and wait for the line.
8. Media Specialist: This student keeps my reading corner in order!
9. Peer Leaders; I usually have 2 students, boy and girl. These students help out whenever there is a situation or disagreement between students. They will help guide the conversation and make sure the students are coming to a Win-Win conclusion. This is always teacher supervised, as well.
10. Student Council Representative: rep. for our class. Interviews for the job.
11. Mayor: This student helps with data-related tasks (lunch count, attendance, etc.)
12. Meteorologist: This student checks on the weather for the next day so that we know if we need to bring a rain coat or jacket.
13. Fire Chief: This student is the last one out (before the teacher) during a fire drill. They will turn off the lights and make sure the door is shut.
14. Police Chief: This student will check the classroom at the end of the day to make sure that people followed the rules - leaving things neat and tidy.
15. Coat Checker: This student will make sure that the other students’ cubbies are neat and tidy. They also check that students are not forgetting their jackets or other personal items.
16. Secretary: This student helps the teacher with tasks like filing and organizing. This is great for that students who just knows you so well that they know how you like things to be done!
17. Board technician: dry erase board clean and erased each day.
18. Waste Management: Takes card of classroom trash cans.
19. Green Team: Helps our school and classroom stay green.
20. Substitute: There when you need them!
21. Exit Supervisor: Lights out/door closed & last one out the door!
22. News Anchor: Check the date and check the weather each day.
23. Electrician: lights and lamps out when we leave the room.
24. Security: Last in line and make sure the door is closed/locked.
25. Botanist: Classroom "green thumb"
26. Grounds Crew: (different meaning than earlier card) Patrols room for neatness at the end of the day.
27. Class Vet: Takes card of our class pets!
28. Anchor: End of the line (close door, lights out)
29. Door holder: (self explanatory!)
30. Snack Helper: helps out during snack time
31. Caboose: (same as anchor, different name)
32. Class nurse: Helps the students in need of quick fixes!
33. Attendance monitor: a teacher helper with attendance in the morning!
34. Blackboard monitor: clean, erase, and monitor the classroom blackboard.
35. Coat checker: helps students hang their things upon entering the classroom, and makes sure no one forgets their things at the end of the day.
36. Coach: Brings out recess materials and fun toys, as well as blowing the whistle when it is time to come inside.
37. Materials manager: sharpens pencils, restocks and organizes materials as needed.
38. Sanitation supervisor: leader of the hand sanitizer.
39. Librarian: Tidies the reading areas at the end of each day.
40. Media Specialist: Takes care of all technology throughout the day. Also, plugs them in and makes sure they are charging at the end of the day.
41. Restroom monitor: helps keep the noise level down while students are using the restroom. Also, makes sure students use the restroom and get back to class quickly and quietly.
42. Food services: lunch helpers
43. Carpenters: the wood workers of the classroom...or as we know them, the pencil sharpeners.
44. Fitness expert: PE assistant and/or someone in class who can lead in fitness related activities.
45. Computer technician: logs into the computers in the morning and assists peers when needed.
46. Word wizard: leader of the "word of the day"
47. Yoga instructor: leads the class in Brain Gyms and other relaxation exercises.
48. Banker: Manages the classroom economy.
49. Class tutor: assists the students who need a little extra help.
Also includes the title/cover poster "Classroom Leaders" and the place where the people who don't have jobs that week get to hang out..."Take Ten" (relaxing so they are ready when it is their turn!). There is a blank poster for the students resting, as well, in case you want to call it something other than "Take Ten".
I use clothespins and hang these from ribbon. That way I can use it year after year and it is super easy to add in a new student or make changes when things aren't working out as planned.
Also available in navy blue, pink, and teal in my store.