Also included in
- Learn about The Day of the Dead or Día de Muertos in Spanish class while staying in Spanish. This Spanish Día de muertos Activity Bundle could be differentiated for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Exploratory Spanish to learn about this Mexican celebration of The Day of the Dead. This would be aPrice $12.99Original Price $14.49Save $1.50
- This Spanish Editable Movie Guide bundle includes 13 editable Google doc movie guides for Spanish class. The differentiated options of questions in both Spanish & English mean you could use variations of the Spanish class movie guides with all levels of Spanish you teach all year and especiallyPrice $39.99Original Price $59.40Save $19.41
- This is a middle school Spanish or high school Spanish culture holiday bundle of cultural resources to use in a novice Spanish class. This Hispanic culture holiday bundle would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, middle school Spanish, or exploratory Spanish. Celebrate the diverse cultures of the SPrice $65.99Original Price $88.37Save $22.38
This Spanish Coco movie guide is designed for Spanish students while watching the film Coco in Spanish class. It would be perfect for Día de los Muertos or Day of the Dead, as well as a Spanish family unit. The differentiated options of this Coco film guide mean you could use variations of this one editable Google Coco movie guide with all levels of Spanish you teach.
⭐ Upgrade to the Movie Guide Bundle for the best deal! ⭐
- ⭐ Page 1 - character description chart with space to draw Coco characters
- ⭐ Page 2 - 20 comprehension questions about film in ENGLISH OR
- ⭐ Page 3 - 20 comprehension questions about film in SPANISH to fill out while watching Coco. (Pick which set best fits your class level)
- ⭐ Page 4 - 3 post-viewing Coco discussion questions in SPANISH & character matching in novice SPANISH (The post-viewing sheet could be used as an assessment after watching the film Coco).
- ⭐ NEW - Self-Checking EASEL Post viewing character matching option
- ⭐ Coco movie guide Keys for all four pages included
How to use the movie Coco in Spanish class
- ⭐ The movie Coco would be the perfect complement to a study of family, Mexico, The Day of the Dead (Día de Muertos), or Cinco de mayo. It would be a great film with the books Tumba, La Llorona de Mazatlán or Frida. Coco would be an appropriate movie to show during Hispanic Heritage Month, around El Día de Muertos, or to celebrate Mexico with cinco de mayo.
What ages of Spanish class for this Coco film guide?
- ⭐ Coco could work from elementary to high school Spanish classes including Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4, exploratory Spanish, or a Latin American culture class. Everything is editable, so you could pick less questions for upper elementary Spanish if needed.
⭐ What audio and subtitles to use for the movie Coco?
- ⭐ Coco is a family-friendly, animated movie that is rated PG and can be found on DVD, at your local library, or Disney+ with a run time of 1 hour 45 minutes.
- ⭐ On Disney+ you can change both the audio and subtitles as needed. *If you buy or rent the DVD, make sure to look at the audio and subtitle options before purchasing. As always, do what works best for your school and classes. Here is what I would personally do:
- Spanish audio & Spanish subtitles - upper-level students
- Spanish audio & English subtitles - novice level students
- English audio - exploratory Spanish or culture class
This is an editable Google Drive resource!
What are other teachers say about this Coco movie guide with 370+ 5 star reviews
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Quick and easy to use (movie guide for Coco). Multiple levels included. - Bethany R
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I love the product. Thank you! I like the editable option to adjust with the vocabulary I used during preview activities. ¡Muchas Gracias! - Mirna
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amazing product. Loved that there was both a Spanish and an English version. It saved me lots of time. - Lorena M
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My students at levels 3 and 4 loved watching Coco in class. They thanked me for doing the activities so they had a better understanding of Día de los Muertos and the movie. - Emily P
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Loved this resource and so did my students. it helped me with the transition of what we were talking about and going into family and incorporating culture. - Maria L (9th-11th grades)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Was a great last minute option for me in a new school district and me being a new Department of One. I hadn't watched Coco before, so this came in clutch with comprehension questions that followed right along. I loved the option in both Spanish and English so that I could use the resource in more than one level and not have the added work of recreating something new for each class. It was very thorough, challenging for each level and easy to download and go. Thank you for sharing! - Jennifer
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐ Bundle up for the best deals possible! ⭐
⭐ Get the Day of the Dead Bundle for the best deal on all of my Día de Muertos resources all together including this guide plus Find Someone Who - Day of the Dead, Para Empezar - Day of the Dead, Mexico & Day of the Dead Reading &Book of Life Movie Guide.
Have difficulty with a file?
- You will download a PDF of the instructions. There are editable Google Docs linked in the INSTRUCTIONS download.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more information & bonus activities for Coco (character slides & post-film activities) check out my blog Mis Clases Locas
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.