Dear Educators! If you are looking for effective and efficient ways to use differentiated instruction and incorporate technology in your classroom, this is a great solution for you! This unit format results in highly personalized learning in a class of any size, without it being overwhelming for a teacher.
This is a Power Point template for a computer-based differentiated instructional (CBI) unit that can be adapted to your grade level and content area. The unit consists of lesson slides with pictures and teacher's voice recordings, training exercises with answer keys, differentiated practice quiz, video instruction, and a page for additional resources.The template saved in the final interactive format that presents the unit from a learner’s perspective and demonstrates how it is used in action can be downloaded for free in my store.
How does it help teachers to differentiate:
- students choose their own pace and order of activities;
- students can go back and review as needed;
- instruction is given in multiple modes;
- immediate feedback is given;
- students' path through the unit is designed to change based on their answers in the practice quiz, thus their precise needs are being addressed;
- additional practice opportunities for struggling students and access to enrichment activities for advanced learners can be provided;
- the lesson format frees teachers time to assist individual students without slowing down others;
- CBI units can be made available online for access outside of the classroom, for make-up work, review, remediation, homebound students, as homework for Flipped Classroom, and to help with increasing parent involvement in their children’s learning.
Even though it is well worth it, I admit that such units take time to create. But this editable template will save you hours of work. Use the premade structures, pages, navigation buttons and links, and just fill them with content of your choice. You can also add pages, change theme, edit hyperlinks, if needed – the file is in Power Point, which most of us teachers are quite familiar with. But just in case, step sheets for all the main tasks needed to create/edit your own PPT CBI as well as a more detailed description of CBI use are also available here.
I sincerely hope you will find this resource useful!