Editable Encanto Movie Guide for Spanish class - Spanish sub plans
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This Spanish Editable Movie Guide bundle includes 14 editable Google doc movie guides for Spanish class. The differentiated options of questions in both Spanish & English mean you could use variations of the Spanish class movie guides with all levels of Spanish you teach all year and especiallyPrice $39.99Original Price $67.93Save $27.94
This Encanto movie guide is designed for Spanish students while watching the film Encanto in Spanish class. The differentiated options mean you could use variations of this one editable Google Encanto movie guide with all levels of Spanish you teach. This editable Encanto movie worksheet would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4, exploratory Spanish, or a Latin American culture class focusing on Colombia. This would make a great Spanish class sub plan too, especially during Hispanic Heritage Month.
⭐ For the best deal get the Movie Guide Bundle for this Encanto guide plus many more movie guides for Spanish class!
- ✅ Page 1 - character description chart with space to draw characters
- ✅ Page 2 - 20 comprehension questions about the film in ENGLISH OR
- ✅ Page 3 - 20 comprehension questions about the film in SPANISH to fill out while watching. (Pick which set best fits your class level)
- ✅ Page 4 - 3 post-viewing Encanto discussion questions in SPANISH & character matching in novice SPANISH (The post-viewing sheet could be used as an assessment after watching the film Encanto).
- ✅ Encanto Movie guide Keys for all four pages included
Get this Encanto movie guide if you want options of Spanish or English questions while watching the film, as well as a focus on describing characters. The movie Encanto would be the perfect complement to a study of family, Colombia & magical realism. It would be a great film with the book Peter va a Colombia. Encanto would be an appropriate movie to show during Hispanic Heritage Month.
This family-friendly, animated movie is rated PG and can be found on Disney+ or DVD with a run time of 1 hour 49 minutes. Encanto could work from elementary to high school Spanish classes and is appropriate for all audiences.
On Disney+ you can change both the audio and subtitles as needed. *If you buy or rent the DVD once it is available, make sure to look at the audio and subtitle options before purchasing to make sure it has Spanish if you want it. As always, do what works best for your school and classes. Here is what I would personally do:
- Spanish audio & Spanish subtitles - upper-level students
- Spanish audio & English subtitles - novice-level students
- English audio - exploratory Spanish or culture class
This is an editable Encnato Google Drive resource! The editable Google Doc version can be found linked on the instructions page.
This Encanto movie guide for Spanish class has 65+ 5 star reviews ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Thank you for the Encanto resource! I had an emergency appendectomy and it was super easy to pivot to showing the movie with your character slideshow and movie guide. Lesson plans for 2 full days ✅! The students enjoyed the movie and gained a better understanding of it by previewing the character slideshow and filling out the movie packet while watching the movie. - Julia H
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Allison’s movie guides (and bonus resources) are the best! The Encanto movie guide was just what my 8th graders needed before watching and during the movie. I’m looking forward to checking out the newest updates that are now included. This resource keeps getting better! - Megan D
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great resource for Encanto! This has been so helpful with making sure my students get comprehensible input and learn culture, too! - Meghan L (used with grades 9-11)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Easy to use! Straight forward and editable. I use the English version for Spanish I and the Spanish version for Spanish II. Mis Clases Locas is the only resource I use when I decide to play a movie. - Courtney (used with Spanish grades 9-10)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ It was amazing I've played movies before to students but with all this material provided here they got so much more from the movie and they were really engaged with it. Thank you so much for putting this together for us - Alma (used with grade 11)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ We completed it as a class afterward and it was a great tool for discussion! I also really appreciated the (bonus) cultural and character slides along with the resource. We talked about those things before watching and it was a great pre-discussion. Thanks! - Christian (grade 10)
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
Bundle up for the best deals possible!
⭐ Get the Movie Guide Bundle for this film plus Vivo, Ferdinand, Pachamama, El camino de Xico, Selena, Dora & the lost City of Gold, The Book of Life, Canela and more!
Have difficulty with a file?
- You will download a PDF of the instructions. There are editable Google Docs linked in the INSTRUCTIONS download.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more information & bonus activities for Encanto (character intro slides & authentic resources about Colombia) check out my blog Mis Clases Locas
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.