Trying to keep student's homework organised? The solution is here!
Do you want all your homework expectations listed in the one place? Signatures of parents/carers? Tracking of completed work? Well this is your answer.
Each week, students will use this booklet to record their homework. When it is due, the teacher asks for completed activities etc, and rewards accordingly. Teachers can keep track using a spreadsheet or similar, and reward via their own school wide behaviour management system.
You can print this for each term, semester or even year. You may be limited by your school printer - if it can print as a booklet, you might be able to choose A4 on A3, or A5 on A4. I staple down the middle for best results, with a harder cardboard for the covers. However there is no reason this couldn't be collated into a loose-leaf folder or bound folder.
- has a record of weekly spelling
- can promote healthy living by tracking weekly exercise
- can promote responsibility by tracking weekly chores
- provides space for recording weekly home reading
- can refer students to Maths/Numeracy & English/Language activities
- promotes musical practice
- encourages students to think of ways they are learning through the week and claim credit for it
- allows teacher to set a special weekly challenge
- encourages students to watch/listen/read current events and make a summary of a news story
- provides a space for students to ask questions of the teacher
- reminds students of notes to be returned
- reminds students of upcoming important dates
- provides an area for a weekly timetable
- has a yearly calendar (adjustable to any year)
- has a chart for weekly reading, so students can see their year-long achievement
- allows students to self monitor their own homework completion rate through the year
- is clean, professional and colourful
Investing class time to get this smooth is important, but well worth the reduced hassle of homework recording.
Professional Resources believes in tasks that are easy for a teacher to use while looking like a professional document. Students are more likely to engage when completing a task that is clean, fresh and professional. They are more likely to take the task seriously as well.
Editable Homework Booklet Record
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License