Also included in
- Use these Family Guides in several ways!Choose pages from these guides to create a summer learning packet for families of children going into first grade. Our goal is for children to not only learn to read and write but love to read and write. All Summer long. These engaging lessons and printables a$15.00$22.00Save $7.00
- BUNDLE and SAVE with “Parents as Partners” in Kindergarten Success resources! (Also called Kindergarten Round Up.) These family literacy guides include printable resources for family literacy events from spring registration and all year long. Parents will appreciate the easy-to-read format with enga$15.00$21.00Save $6.00
Create meaningful family learning traditions that build school success.
- Free yearly updates.
- 10 parent letters
- reading logs.
"There are so many activities that families can do together in place of paper/pencil homework...and [the calendars] are editable!" Rachelle, kindergarten teacher
Send home these monthly family-friendly learning calendars at your Spring Registration or Kindergarten Round-Up.
Multiply your teaching effectiveness all year long!
The family calendar price reflects our perpetual gift of 50% savings: This is our commitment to family literacy!
Includes 12 editable Parents as Partners letters and resources (See below)
SAVE! This is also part of these two products:
Still undecided? Check out the free September, 2020 calendar page.
Use these calendars to:
- give fresh ideas for family activities, inside and out
- involve families to teach basic skills at home
- share ideas for active math, science, and reading immersion
- give gentle suggestions for at-home family-friendly homework
August 2020 through July 2021 with perpetual yearly updates!
- Editable (so you can adapt the language and make it fit your unique curriculum)
Honor family life with heart-connecting activities!
These calendars offer gentle reminders for parents to:
- sing, talk, and dance
- read with their children every night
- intentionally practice foundational skills
Encourage families to
- practice multisensory ABC/Phonics skills, including fingerspelling
- practice handwriting
- practice name writing
- memorize Mother Goose rhymes
- write and draw
- count and sort everything
- take walks and explore nature
- ask "why" questions, discuss possible reasons, and look up the answers
- tell stories
- enjoy family dinnertime
- ABOVE ALL, savor childhood
- Includes actionable ways for families to reinforce foundational literacy, math, and science skills.
- Builds the nightly reading-at-home tradition.
- Emphasizes rich oral language traditions: singing, rhyming, and story-telling.
- Includes self-help skills—such as tying shoes—and social-emotional skills with a positive mindset.
12 Parent Letters and Resources:
1. About the Monthly Family Learning Calendar
2. Early Indicators for Successful Kindergartners
3. ABC Phonics Family Reference Chart
4. ABC Phonics Family Letter for the Chart
5. Memorize, Recite, and Read Mother Goose Rhymes
6. Parents as Partners: Why Phonemic Awareness Is Important
7. Developing Small Motor Skills and Efficient Pencil Grip Are Important
8. Teach Your Child to Print Their Name Efficiently: The Beginning of ABC Fluency
9. Kindergartners Learn to Write Two Kinds of Words
10. 10 Things to Say to Your Child Every Day
11. "Reading Is Fun!" chant with QR code
12. Achieving Rigorous Common Core Standards
Also includes monthly READING LOGS!
• Aligned with ELA Kindergarten Common Core State Standards
• Appropriate for kindergarten, special education, and homeschooling families
Remember, for those who have studied with Nellie Edge, this product is free with Nellie Edge Online Seminars
“We have a covenant with families that says we jointly share responsibility for educating your child.” ~ Ernest Boyer
BUNDLE AND SAVE: Multiply your teaching effectiveness with family involvement. Check out all 4 Nellie Edge “Parents as Partners” kindergarten round-up resources.
Use them ALL YEAR LONG!
NOTE: This product was revised and added to on 5/25/2020.
These are part of the Parents as Partners in Kindergarten Success Bundle.
Click HERE to Follow My Store and to be notified of new Nellie Edge Kindergarten (PreK-1) products. All new items are listed at 50% off for the first 48 hours after posting! Leave feedback and earn TpT credits.
Find resources and support on my website, NellieEdge.com
SMILES for joyful teaching and learning,