Also included in
- This bundle includes two engaging resources for bridging home and school learning in kindergarten. You will receive a year's worth of nightly homework and a family project for every month! Students will be able to practice all kindergarten skills while enjoying hands-on practice with their families.$13.00$15.00Save $2.00
UPDATED for the 2021-22 school year: Have your kindergarten homework ready for the entire year with these completely editable homework calendars in both English and Spanish! Also included is a fully editable parent letter that goes into detail about the calendars and how parents can use them.
These calendars include a lifetime update. To access the yearly update, just re-download the calendars from your My Purchases section of your account during the month of July (you'll receive a notification when they've been updated).
These 11-month homework calendars are tailored to focus three main content areas: math, phonics, and writing. They are formatted so that the days of the week focus on the same topic each month, so students and their parents come to know what to expect every night. There are over 180 activities that you can edit and change.
If you need to edit these calendars to suit your school's calendar year, you can! Just copy, paste, or delete any text you need to. You can also edit the table for shading of days off or breaks.
Below is an overview of the type of activities:
- Letter Writing
- Letter ID
- Beginning Sound ID
- High Frequency Words (called Snap Words in these calendars)
- Adding, Deleting, and Substituting Sounds in CVC Words
- Word Endings (Word Families)
- Sentence Writing
- Illustrating to Match Writing
- Opinion & Informational Writing
- Number ID
- Number Writing
- Counting to 100 by Ones and Tens
- Number Sequence and Patterns
- More and Less
- Counting to Tell How Many (Cardinality)
- Symbols of Operations
- Word Problems: Basic Operations as well as Fair Share and Partitive Division
- Sorting and Comparing
Reading is encouraged on Wednesday nights, but the skill focus is on identifying snap (high frequency) words in context. If you want to assign additional nightly reading, add that to your parent letter.
Read this blog post that goes into detail about my use of homework and how I provide it using these calendars!
If you have any further questions or would like more explanation about using this product, please ask in the Q&A section or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to leave feedback and let me know how you are using the product in your classroom. You receive credits towards new products with every feedback you leave! Don't forget to follow my store for updates so you do not miss any new products.
Holly @ Research and Play