Editable math dominoes are a super easy way to automatically create dominoes for any math skill. This math game allows students to review skills previously taught while having fun. The 54 dominoes in this product auto-create themselves after you fill in a quick table. Directions are included!
***New! Now, you can use your OWN fonts and font sizes!***
The preview and product are pre-filled to show an example of what the game will look like. You can change these to meet your needs, here's how:
1. On the two page form, simply fill out your equations in the left columns and the answer in the right columns. Make sure you fill out all of the boxes!
2. What you type in the columns on the right will automatically randomly fill in all of your dominoes! This ensures no two cards are the same! All 54 dominoes will have different numbers/equations on each half.
3. Print your dominoes (pro tip: print on cardstock and laminate for durability. Also, use different colors to easily keep dominoes together!) Cut your dominoes out, and you are ready to play!
(The preview and product may show grey boxes on the areas that you can edit. The boxes will NOT show up when you print the product.)
Playing the game:
1. 2-4 players can play at a time (if you print several copies of the dominoes you could include extra players).
2. Put all of the dominoes face down in a pile. Each player takes five dominoes.
3. Use one domino from the pile and place it face up in the center. This is the starting domino.
4. The first player tries to match one of his/her dominoes. You can make the rules for how the students can connect the dominoes. Perhaps have them connect them left to right like a long "train" or as the cover picture shows in a random zig-zag pattern as long as the touching sides are equal.
5. If the player is able to play a domino, his turn is over and play continues to the left. If he is unable to play a domino, he must take another one from the pile and his turn is over.
6. The winner is the first person to run out of dominoes!
This game is suitable for all grade levels! Set up as a center rotation, morning work activity, or prep for a test. Students will love playing this game and they won't even realize they are learning while doing it! Since it's fully customizable, you can use the problems your students need practice with the most! (Please note: you are unable to place images on your dominoes; however you can use letters, numerals, and symbols.)
Looking for more math games?
Check out my fourth grade Multiplication and Division Math Games Mega Bundle!
Or, try my fully editable, automatically generated BINGO game for math review!
Please Note: You are able to edit ONLY the text on the dominoes, due to copyright issues. If you have a question about what is or is not editable, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through the “Ask a Question” feature on TeachersPayTeachers. I will be unable to issue a refund or make custom changes on this product!
Don’t forget to leave feedback for this product! Doing so earns credits for future TPT products!
Follow me! All new products are on sale for the first 48 hours, and some are even free!