This resource is great to keep track of missing assignments and missing work from students. This will hold them accountable for explaining why they have missing work.
Below I have listed directions of how I use this form in my class.
1. I keep these in a bin in my room. Every morning as we are grading our assignment, I have the students who don’t have theirs fill this paper out.
2. They need to write their name, the assignment name, and the reason why they didn’t turn in their assignment. They need to fill it out using complete sentences.
3. Then they will turn it in whenever everyone else turns in their assignment.
4. This is great because then when I grade the assignments I can see immediately who didn’t turn it in and why.
5. Then I put this form in the student’s file folder and keep them throughout the year. This is a great way to show parents at parent-teacher conferences why their child isn’t turning in their assignments. Also, a lot of students or parents say that the teacher lost the assignment, but you will have proof that the student never turned it in.
6. Hope this helps!
***You can edit this resource to add any reasons that match with your class!