Warm-ups are a fantastic way to engage students, revise previous content and introduce new concepts. This bundle includes concepts aligned to the Australian Pre-Primary Curriculum. Each concept features editable components so you can adjust them to suit your students' needs. This pack has slides that follow a rote learning style, e.g. sight words, and also slides that the whole class can complete on mini-whiteboards or as the basis for an entire lesson.
Are you after Pre-Primary Math warm-ups? You can find them here: PP Math Warm-ups
Or a quick way to assess? My Pre-Primary Exit Tickets are the perfect way to quickly check in.
While we are navigating this global pandemic, I am more than happy for you to adjust this resource to best suit the needs of your class.
***Tips for Distance Learning***
There are over 620 slides in this pack which include:
Phonics and Spelling
- Initial sounds (a locked version and an editable version is available for all letters).
- Letter of the day (Activities based around a letter. Locked 'Victorian Modern Cursive' font with an editable option to insert your own font).
- Letter of the day (students identify a common sound out of pictures).
- Digraphs and blends.
- Sight words (*Editable for any word list and font).
- Nonsense words (*Editable for any word and font).
- Segmenting and blending.
- Onset and Rime: -at, -ed, -ot, -en, -ig, -og, -an. (*Editable for any font).
- Spelling (CVC words with a phoneme frame).
- Rhyming words (matching & generating). (*Editable for any font).
- Syllable Identification.
- Phoneme manipulation.
- Trash or Treasure? Identifying real and nonsense words. (*Editable for any font)
Grammar and Punctuation
- Punctuation (capital letters and full stops)
- Whole class editing sentences through checking for sense, capital letters and full stops. (*Editable to add or change sentences and fonts).
Comprehension and Reading Strategies
- Concepts of print: What is a letter, word and sentence.
- 'Chunky Monkey' reading strategy with activities. (*Editable for any font)
- 'Pointy Pig' reading strategy with activities. (*Editable for any font)
- 'Skippy the frog' reading strategy with activities. (*Editable for any font)
- 'Lips the fish' reading strategy with activities. (*Editable for any font)
- 'Stretchy Snake' reading strategy with activities. (*Editable for any font)
- 'Eagle Eye' reading strategy with activities. (*Editable for any font)
Features of Literary Texts / Writing Texts
- Concepts of Print / Features of a book.
- Narrative elements (Identifying the structure of familiar stories. Includes editable slide).
- Recount writing (text structure). (*Includes editable word lists for any fonts).
- Narrative Writing (editable features).
- Procedural Writing (editable features).
- Report writing (editable features).
- Reading and writing simple poems.
Vocabulary and Oral Language
Note: There may be duplicate slides that feature in other year level PowerPoints. This is to cater for differentiation.
Please look at the preview carefully. Most slides will have a locked font for the heading and instructions, however, most text is editable so you can use your own font for the 'activity' sections.