Editable Sight Word Games | Word Work, Spelling Practice, Literacy Centers
What educators are saying
These 25 editable word work games are fun for spelling, phonics, sight words and even math! They can be used to cover a wide range of content, are simple to play and make differentiation easy!
Included in this pack:
15 x Editable board games (the game templates are ready to go, all you need to do is type in the letters, words, numbers or sums).
- Bonus game spinners (use these or dice to play the games)
- 15 Editable recording worksheets to go with the board games (2 per page)
- You can edit the titles e.g. Short a / Long a or Player 1 / Player 2
- Kids can also write their answers on mini whiteboards, chalk boards etc.
9 x Editable sorting game templates
- Each set has heading cards and sorting cards, e.g. sort the apples (word cards) into the baskets (heading).
- These games work really well when you use a few added props such as DIY fishing rods, fly swats and spatulas.
- Instructions for the games are included.
Examples of games you can play include:
- Fly swat games - Swat the picture and identify the sound / spell the word.
- Matching games - Print two copies and play games like snap or memory.
- Puppet games - Choose a card, identify the sound / spell the word and feed it to the puppet.
- Sorting games - Create some headings e.g. Short a and Long a, then sort words into the different categories.
- Word sort games - Attach words sorts (like WTW) onto the cards with sticky tack and sort them into categories.
- Spelling games - Choose a word and then write it on a whiteboard (make it more fun by doing things like rainbow writing).
- To access the editable version of the games you will need Microsoft PowerPoint.
- I've also included a write and wipe PDF version. These games can be printed, laminated and written on with an erasable marker.
I hope you love this resource!
YOU MAY ALSO LOVE...
>>> Spelling Center Activities For Any Program (NO PREP)
>>> CVC Board Games - 17 Fun Games!
>>> Within Word Pattern MEGA BUNDLE
★★★ Click here to follow me to get regular updates about new resources and awesome freebies ★★★
JOIN THE FP COMMUNITY!
>>> Fairy Poppins
Sign up to my free newsletter on my blog to receive updates about new resources and freebies.
QUESTIONS, ISSUES OR REQUESTS
- Please feel free to contact me via the "Ask a Question" tab. I value your feedback and am happy to help.
- Need help with printing, downloading or opening files? Click here.