Editable Sight Words Games Activities Back to School
These SIGHT WORD GAMES AND ACTIVITIES can be used with any spelling words, sight words, or your existing word wall. Some of the sight word games are editable! These hands on games and activities are great for independent/partner practice, station word work activities, whole group activities, sight word fluency, or intervention/small groups!
- editable word lists for 5, 8, 10, 15, and 20 words that can be used with the included activities
- Spin and Write (with editable version) in both color and black/white: students spin the spinner and write their word how the number they landed on tells them to. Recording sheets included.
- Word Wall Spin : students spin the spinner and follow the directions on the mat. Recording sheet included.
- Eye Spy (with editable version) in both color and black/white: students read the card and find a word from the word wall (or word list) that matches the I Spy card. Recording sheet included.
- Roll and Write (with editable version) in both color and black/white: students roll a die and write a word how the number they landed on tells them to. Recording sheets included.
- Tic Tac Toe (in both color and black/white): students choose two words and take turns writing their word until a player gets 3 in a row. Printable option included.
- Ten Frame Words (10 frame and 20 included) in both color and black/white: students write a word in the ten frame boxes (or use letter tiles/magnetic letters to build the word). Recording sheets included.
- Heads or Tails (in both color and black/white): students simply flip a coin. If they land on head, they read a word. If they land on tails, they write a word. Recording sheet included.
- Roll a Word (editable version included) in both color and black/white: students roll a die and find a word that matches the die they land on. Recording sheets included.
- Roll a Color (in both color and black/white): students roll a die, move that amount of spaces, and write a word on their recording sheet in the same color they land on. Recording sheet included.
- Stick To It (will need suction cup balls; fly swatters will work, too): project the slide on board. Students form two teams. Teacher calls out a word and students throw the ball to the matching word. This game has been a huge hit for many years!
- Large Letter Cards (in both color and black/white): students use the letter cards to build and connect words!
-You will need Adobe Reader (newest version) for the editable games/activities. Adobe Reader is free to download on your computer if you do not already have it.
-Stick To It game requires suction cup balls (or fly swatters)
-coin, dice, spinner
-station word work activities
**Please know that by purchasing this resource you are purchasing the rights to use these activities in a single classroom. If you plan to share this resource with other teachers, additional license(s) will need to be purchased.
- Sight Word Cards
- Editable Sight Word Worksheets
- Editable Sight Word practice
- PrePrimer Interactive Readers
- PrePrimer Emergent Readers
**This file was updated in 2021. The old version is still available in the .zip download.
-Follow my store (HERE) for notifications and discounts of newly released resources!**
-Follow Smitten With First Blog here for blog posts, freebies, and ideas!**