Editable spelling activities can be used with any word list making them perfect for differentiated spelling centers or distance learning during school closures.
This packet of 49 spelling activities teaches students how to learn their spelling with the look, say, cover, write, check method.
By using the included spelling visual, students begin to understand that learning spelling is more than just writing a word over and over. They need to understand how the word is structured to become better spellers.
Using the visual as a guide, students look at the word. This involves more than looking its shape. The spelling visual encourages students to look for patterns or little words within the focus word. They say the word and tap out the sounds they hear. Tapping the word allows students to hear the phonemes that make up the word rather than seeing the word as a single unit. The visual is used to cover the word while your students write it on their activity sheet.
The other side of the visual can be used for spelling words with two or more syllables.
Editable spelling lists and grading sheets are also included to allow you to assess and monitor your student’s progress.
Parents can easily use the pack too for their at home learning needs.
How does it work?
- Simply download the pack and open in Adobe Reader.
- Choose between 10, 12, 15 or 20 list words. Use your own words or the included spelling lists for one syllable words.
- Type your list words in once and they will auto fill on every activity sheet and student word list.
- Use the included spelling test template to test your students' spelling – both pre and post-test templates are included.
- Record your students’ progress on the grading sheet. You can even use the teacher spelling list template to organize your words for the term. Perfect for printing and placing in your teacher binder.
Don't have your own list and not sure which words to use?
Links to Dolch and Fry sight word lists are included plus you'll find a word list for one syllable words that you can use to get you started. There's also a link to a spelling strategies website.
- spelling list ideas for one syllable words
- editable spelling list templates for teachers to organize their spelling for the term
- spelling test templates
- student spelling lists
- grading sheets
- 49 activity sheets (your list words are auto populated on each sheet)
- a spelling visual to help your students learn their words not just memorize them
♥ Don't forget all products, excluding bundles, are 50% off for the first 24 hours after posting.