Editable Word Family Strips for Guided Reading (short vowels)
With this editable packet, you can create your own word family combination to better meet all of the unique needs of your learners! You can also track individual students progress with word families using the Editable Progress Tracker as a literacy intervention.
With this packet, your students will get repetitive practice with vowel sounds, CVC word fluency, letters and sounds, and much more!
What's Inside: 3 Word Families for each vowel (at, an, ab, et, ed, en, it, ip, ig, ot, op, og, ug, ut, ub), an EDITABLE word strip page, and an EDITABLE progress tracker for literacy interventions.
Multiple ways to use:
1. Find the word...! Teacher states a word and students must find it on the strip.
2. Practice blending CVC/Word Families using a slinky (word stretcher)
3. CVC Word Fluency Race (after students have had much practice with the strip, have students race to read the words on the strip).
4. Place multiple strips on a binder ring and send home with students for additional practice.
5. Place on a binder ring and use in your literacy centers.
6. Find the Sound! Teacher states a beginning sound and students must find the letter and identify the letter.