Are you looking for warm-ups that will cover all content for the entire year? Warm-ups are the perfect way to engage students in revising previous concepts and introducing new ones. This massive bundle includes over 560 slides that cover the entire Australian Curriculum. It includes slides that are easy to edit, duplicate and shuffle. This will easily allow you to differentiate and cater for a wide variety of abilities in your classroom.
Do you teach a split 3/4 class? Check out my Year 3/4 Warm-ups
Number and Algebra
- Ordering & sequencing numbers.
- Skip counting: 2's, 3's 5's, 10's.
- Multiplication: Completing multiplication grids.
- Mental maths (addition, subtraction & division *editable*).
- Times tables: 2's, 3's, 5's and 10's.
- Number talks (make a number, balancing numbers etc.)
- Doubling numbers.
- Counting backwards and forwards.
- What's before and after?
- Continuing number patterns .
- Friends of 10.
- Odd and even numbers.
- Number bonds.
- Fact families.
- Relationship between addition and subtraction.
- Arrays: Drawing arrays and linking them to multiplication facts.
- Multiplication wheels.
- Show me the number: Various ways to represent a number.
- Place value: Working with 2-digit, 3-digit and 4-digit numbers using MAB and pop sticks.
- Addition strategies (jump strategy / vertical addition)
- Subtraction strategies (jump strategy / vertical subtraction).
- Introduction to division: Working with different strategies and solving problems.
- Fractions: Recognising fractions, drawing fractions, equivalent fractions and fractions on a number line.
- Australian Money: Recognising coins and notes, identifying and ordering value, matching money to prices, calculating change, rounding money, counting amounts.
- Angles: Recognising and drawing angles.
- What doesn't belong? Mathematical language development.
Measurement and Geometry
- 3D shapes: Recognising 3D shapes and identifying their attributes. Working with 3D shapes and nets. Making 3D Shapes out of 2D shapes.
- Time: Reading and writing time on digital and analogue clocks / Converting between units of time.
- Understanding units of time.
- Measuring Capacity (vocabulary and editable measurement slides).
- Measuring Mass (vocabulary and editable measurement slides).
- Measuring Length (vocabulary and editable measurement slides).
- Measuring Area (editable measurement slides).
- Identifying symmetry.
- Reading grids and maps.
- Slides and turns (geometrical reasoning).
Statistics and Probability
- Reading and interpreting graphs (with editable graphs and data)
- Identifying and explaining outcomes of chance.
*Note* I have included some slides from other Year Group PowerPoints as revision.
If you have any requests for this bundle, please don't hesitate to message me on here or on instagram @mrschalmerscherubs.