Warm-ups are a fantastic way to engage students, revise previous content and introduce new concepts. This bundle includes concepts aligned to the Australian Year Five and Six Curriculum. Each concept features editable components so you can adjust them to suit your students' needs. This pack has slides that follow a rote learning style, e.g. identifying punctuation, and also slides that the whole class can complete on mini-whiteboards or in their books.
If you would like to see more about how I use these slides in my classroom, you can follow me on instagram @mrschalmerscherubs.
While we are navigating this global pandemic, I am more than happy for you to adjust this resource to best suit the needs of your class.
***Tips for Distance Learning***
- Share sections of slides with parents/students through e-mail or an online platform. E.g. release new sight word slides /grammar content / math concepts each week.
- Screen shot desired slides and upload as an image for students to complete on SeeSaw (or other platform).
- Display selected slides on your computer/smartboard. Work through a normal routine, filming the warm-up for students to access online.
- Follow me on instagram @mrschalmerscherubs for more tips or to have questions answered.
Are you after Math Warm-ups? Find them here: Editable Year 5 and Six Math Warm-ups
There are currently over 450 slides which include:
- Using strong verbs.
- Generating nouns and adjectives related to a topic.
- Identifying punctuation.
- Using punctuation.
- Editing sentences.
- Stretchy sentences.
- Homonyms and Homophones.
- Build a sentence.
- Spelling Scrabble.
- Make a word.
- Vowel wipe-out.
- Word Webs.
- Root Words.
- Nonsense Words.
- Skimming and scanning activities.
- Inferencing activities
- Creative writing.
- Create a word.
- 'Surely it means..': Generating definitions.
- High-frequency words.
- Speaking and listening activities.
- Alphabet challenge.
- Shades of meaning.
Text Structure Warm-ups
- Persuasive text structure.
- Narrative text structure.
- Information reports text structure.