Also included in
- By request, this bundle includes all of my Year One Australian Curriculum aligned resources. Buying into this bundle means you receive all of my year level specific resources at a discounted price. You will also receive any future updates to these resources for free, simply by re-downloading.What's$96.00$120.00Save $24.00
Warm-ups are a fantastic way to engage students, revise previous content and introduce new concepts. This bundle includes concepts aligned to the Australian Year One Curriculum. Each concept features editable components so you can adjust them to suit your students' needs. This pack has slides that follow a rote learning style, e.g. sight words, and also slides that the whole class can complete on mini-whiteboards.
*Now includes hyper-linked contents pages*.
Looking for Math Warm-ups? Check out Year One Math Warm-ups for over 400 slides!
If you would like to see more about how I use these slides in my classroom, you can follow me on instagram @mrschalmerscherubs.
There are over 570 slides which include:
- Initial sounds (all alphabet letters with option to edit font).
- Digraphs, trigraphs and blends.
- Sight words (Fry's first 100 word list but completely editable for any word list).
- Nonsense words.
- Trash or Treasure?: Sorting real and nonsense words.
Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation
- Punctuation flash cards.
- 'Pick your punctuation': Editing sentences with the correct punctuation.
- Editing sentences: Editing sentences for capital letters, punctuation and checking for sense.
- Spelling (phoneme frames)
- Rhyming words (matching & generating).
- Sentence Ninjas (up-levelling sentences).
- Nouns (Oral language development).
- Grammar Detectives (Identifying parts of speech within a sentence)
- Word of the day: Read it, spell it, define it & put it in a sentence. Includes an extensive word list to choose from.
Features of Texts
- Narrative elements (identifying the structure of familiar stories / includes editable slide).
- Recount text structure.
- Narrative text structure.
- Procedure writing text structure.
- Persuasive text structure.
Reading comprehension strategies.
- Inference training: 'Reading between the lines' and identifying setting, time and character traits.
- Predicting: Mentor text suggestions with YouTube links, sentence starters & crystal ball graphic organiser.
- Connecting: Mentor text suggestions with YouTube links & sentence starters.
- Inferring: Mentor text suggestions with YouTube links & sentence starters.
- Comparing: Mentor text suggestions with YouTube links, sentence starters & Venn Diagram graphic organiser.
- Visualising: Mentor text suggestions with YouTube links, sentence starters, 'visualising' practise with photographs.
- Questioning: Mentor text suggestions with YouTube links and sentence starters.
- Summarising: Mentor text suggestions with YouTube links, sentence starters & 'Somebody Wanted But So Then' graphic organiser.
- Synthesising: Discussion sentence starters.
- Determining importance: Mentor text suggestions with YouTube links and sentence starters.
While we are navigating this global pandemic, I am more than happy for you to adjust this resource to best suit the needs of your class.
***Tips for Distance Learning***
- Share sections of slides with parents/students through e-mail or an online platform. E.g. release new sight word slides /grammar content / math concepts each week.
- Screen shot desired slides and upload as an image for students to complete on SeeSaw (or other platform).
- Display selected slides on your computer/smartboard. Work through a normal routine, filming the warm-up for students to access online.
- Follow me on instagram @mrschalmerscherubs for more tips or to have questions answered.
Notes: There may be duplicate slides that feature in other year level PowerPoints. Slides such as phonics, sight words and nonsense words will follow a similar format as other year level warm-ups.