Do you teach a split class? I have combined two of my products to create this math warm-up powerpoint that is aligned to the Year One and Year Two Australian Curriculum. Includes over 750 slides that are easy to edit, duplicate and shuffle to suit your students' needs. If you're looking for Math warm-ups for the whole year, this is it!
Warm-ups are the perfect way to engage students in revising previous concepts and introducing new ones. This powerpoint is created with the intention to be editable, allowing you to duplicate, edit and move slides to keep your students on their toes! In addition to this, my editable slides make it super easy to differentiate concepts for your students.
If you would like to see more about how I use these slides in my classroom, you can follow me on instagram @mrschalmerscherubs.
Are you looking for Year Two Literacy warm-ups? Check out my new Editable Year Two English Warm-ups
You can find straight Year Two Warm-ups here: Year Two Math Warm-ups
You can find straight Year One Warm-ups here:Year One Math Warm-ups
Current concepts include:
Number and Algebra
- Ordering & sequencing numbers.
- Representing numbers.
- Skip counting: 2's, 3's, 5's, 10's.
- Mental maths: Addition & Subtraction *editable for any operation*.
- Doubling numbers.
- Counting backwards and forwards (into the hundreds).
- What's before and after?
- Continuing number patterns .
- Friends of 10.
- Odd and even numbers.
- Number bonds.
- Number chats: balancing equations, make me a number, target numbers, numberless word problems.
- Dot patterns.
- Fact families.
- Ordinal Number.
- Addition with pictures.
- Addition word problems.
- Addition 'pick your strategy'.
- Addition with a number line.
- Subtraction with pictures.
- Subtraction word problems.
- Subtraction 'pick your strategy'.
- Subtraction with a number line.
- Counting on basics using unifix cubes.
- Counting on using a number line.
- Reading and representing with tallies.
- Writing number sentences.
- Reading number words.
- Multiplication: Representing multiplication with repeated addition, arrays and number sentences.
- Understanding the relationships between addition and subtraction.
- Sharing between groups: An introduction to divison (more to be added).
- Show me the number: Various ways to represent a number
- Place value: Working with 2-digit, 3-digit and 4-digit numbers using MAB and pop sticks. Place value mats, place value on an abacus, applying place value to real-life concepts.
- Fractions: Introductory slides, representing fractions (more coming).
- Australian Money: Recognising coins and notes, identifying and ordering value, matching money to prices.
- What doesn't belong? Mathematical language development.
Measurement and Geometry
- 3D shapes: Recognising 3D shapes and identifying their attributes.
- Time: Reading and writing time on digital and analogue clocks.
- Time: Recognising Months, days in a week, months in a year etc.
- Time: Interpreting a calendar.
- Location and transformation: Slide/Flip/Turn objects and shapes / quarter and half turns.
- Directional language: Over, under, clock-wise, right, left etc.
- Language of location: Over, under, clock wise, anti-clockwise etc.
- Language of capacity: Recognising full, empty, half-full, half-empty.
- Language of length: Longest, shortest, shorter, longer, equal length.
- Language of weight: Comparing objects.
- Interpreting maps: Calculating distance / introducing coordinates.
- Measuring Capacity.
- Measuring Mass.
- Measuring Volume.
- Measuring Length.
Chance and Data
- Interpreting data using column graphs and picture graphs.
- Language of chance & identifying the likelihood of certain situations.
*Note: Some slides may be present in other year level powerpoint as revision/extension.