Print the pages of this packet to make some super cute and bright learning resources to support students editing their own writing.
Students will love the 'We Caught the Writing Bug' system to make sure their writing is completely edited. Best yet, I have included a text editable MS Powerpoint version of this file so you can modify it to suit your own checklist.
- Page Size Posters showing each step
- Printable Pennant Banner showing each step
- All-on-one-page checklist poster
- Display header page 'We Caught the Editing Bug'
Students will follow the steps in the editing checklist, drawing the next section of the 'bug' on the corner of their writing paper to show they have edited that aspect of their work. This will keep students on task and will allow you to quickly see what stage they are at in the editing process.
The following editing steps are included:
1. Reread - does it make sense
2. Capitals - to start each sentence and for proper nouns
3. Ends - periods, questions marks and exclamation marks (full stop included for Australian teachers)
4. Spelling - Do my words look right? Use a dictionary.
5. Commas - commas in lists and to assist meaning
6. Apostrophes - for contractions and to show possession
7. Speech - punctuate direct speech
8. Paragraphs - indent or line breaks
These printables will be fun, engaging and make your learning space ADORABLE!
Find more printable banner packets in my store HERE!
Find my blog here
Click here to return to my store home page