This resource helps your students practice punctuation, capitalization, and spelling skills through daily editing activities. It also challenges students to write more detailed sentences by revising bland sentences with few details.
♥ Why you’ll fall in LOVE with this resource! ♥
• “This is wonderful practice for my kids. I love the variety you have included. Thanks for sharing.” -Cecile
• “This is just the most useful product ever. I am using it for my lower students in grade 4 to help them build on their sentences and really pay attention to detail. Thank you kindly.” -Buyer
• “Using as a quick review of proofreading and extending sentences. Perfect resource!" -Christine
• “My kids writing has improved from using these forms and doing them together.” -Laury
• “This was a great resource in stations this year, thank you!” -Shelly
• “This has helped my students pay better attention! Thank you!” -Natasha
• “This is such a great morning opener for my kids! Thank you. :)” -Brandi
• “Love all your stuff! Please make more!” -Ellie
• “These have been great for independent and small group work!” -AliciaMarie
• “This is exactly what I have been looking for. My 3rd graders are enjoying finding the errors and making the fixes.” -Ellen
In the Fix-It! pages, students find capitalization, punctuation and spelling errors. They rewrite the sentences correctly.
In the Build 7-UP Sentences, students are given a basic sentence with few details. They write a new sentence adding proper nouns, adjectives and adverbs to make it richer.
Use these in your learning stations, small groups, or as a whole group activity.
There are 20 weeks of editing sentences and 20 weeks of 7-UP sentences. Each page is designed to have students complete one sentence each day for four days. My students complete these as a warm-up during the writing and grammar block on Mondays through Thursdays. I have included detailed instructions on how I introduce Fix-It! and Build 7-UP Sentences and reinforce routines in this resource.
Included in this 66-page product:
20 Weeks of Editing Sentences Pages
20 Weeks of Building 7-Up Sentences Pages
3 Editing Sentences Quizzes with Answer Keys
Punctuation Race Game Board and Directions
Punctuation Race Game Cards (24)
3 Pages of Punctuation Signs for Punctuation Race Game
1 Fix-It Sentence Strategies mini poster
1 Set of mini-posters for Declarative, Imperative, Interrogative, and Exclamatory sentences
Correlation to CCSS
***========== TRY THESE RELATED PRODUCTS==========***
★Back to School Narrative Journals, Prompts, Checklist, Rubric, & Extensions
★Nouns - Singular, Plural, Possessive, Collective and Irregular - NO PREP
★Editing Sentences - Vol. 2 - Weeks 21-40 - CCSS Aligned Plus Bonus GameSave Money! $Get the Bundle$
★Editing Sentences - BUNDLE - Volumes 1 and 2 ~ 40 Weeks!