Learning Expectations: History:
• Describe various significant, developments, and people in Canada between 1850-1890, and explain their impact;
• To further inquire about a specific social and economic changes that occurred in and/or affected Canada during this period and explain the impact of those changes on various individuals and/ or groups.
• Gather and organize information and evidence about perspectives of different groups on some significant events, developments and/or issues that affected Canada and/or Canadians using a variety of sources
• Communicate the results of their inquiries using appropriate vocabulary and formats appropriate for specific audiences
• Reflect on and identify their strengths as media interpreters and creators, areas for improvement, and the strategies they found most helpful in understanding and creating media texts