A series of resources (handouts/worksheets) for teaching a film analysis of 'Edward Scissorhands' (ESH). Ideal to help prepare students for an essay task.
This resource pack includes:
1. Plot Sorting activity - refresh students' memories, cement their recall of the film's narrative. Also use to teach paraphrasing of plot points (for evidence, in paragraphing)
2. Character Analysis activity - for developing characterisation vocab and using evidence
3. Key Vocab List - to support analysis of themes, characters, genre in ESH
4. ESH Sample Essay Questions - brainstorming, topic sentence and paragraphing activities
5. ESH Sample Essay - a quality work sample to deconstruct and discuss
6. Describing Tim Burton's Visual Style - extension activity with vocab