Edward Scissorhands Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet | Google (PG13 - 1990)
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This Halloween Activities Mega Movie Guide Bundle | 10 Worksheets | SAVE 35% includes a variety of Halloween movies, some scary, some whimsical but they all contain valuable educational nuggets. Please contact me if you are interested in creating your own custom bundle of 10 movie guides or more : )Price $32.50Original Price $49.90Save $17.40
- This Tim Burton Mega Movie Guide Bundle | 10 Worksheets | SAVE 35% includes ten of Tim Burton's masterpieces. Please contact me if you are interested in creating your own custom bundle of 10 movie guides or more : )Check the preview files for each individual movie guide for high resolution sample qPrice $32.50Original Price $49.90Save $17.40
Edward Scissorhands Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet | Google (PG13 - 1990) challenges students to explore the strange, whimsical, gentle life of a legendary Tim Burton character. Analyze Edward's impact on the neighborhood and why they eventually turn on him. Discuss the pros and cons of being special/famous and fitting in with the crowd and how Edward's life might have changed if he got prosthetics. Identify how the director develops Edward's character despite his lack of dialogue throughout the film. Finally, distinguish the difference between the concepts of possession and love as depicted by Jim's behavior. (Kim's boyfriend)
Check the preview file for high resolution sample questions to see if this movie guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 12 high-level, short answer reflection and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
★You're In Good Hands★
Although this movie guide doesn't have many ratings yet, please don't be overly concerned as it was posted more recently than my other resources. Please visit MY STORE to see over 5,000 ratings with a ★★★★★ average.
This product includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (4 pages)
- A Google Slides Version of the Movie Guide
- An answer key (4 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
- A generic movie guide permission slip (1 page)
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page - see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Do you teach a film literature or analysis elective class?
A version of this movie guide is now featured in a full Film Literature Curriculum. Check it out on CurricuLimb's TPT store here : )
Google Classroom Distance Learning Tips:
- Create an assignment using the Google Slides
- Use the screen sharing tool on your conference calling software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
- Make sure students input their name, so when you open your copy of the form, you can see each student's individual response they submitted
- Note: If you are using the movie guide for multiple classes and want to separate responses by class, create multiple copies of the google form with file names such as [Title]MovieGuideClassPeriod and then create assignments for each copy of the Google Form movie guide
General Tips for Using the Print version of this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Earn free resources with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Onward Movie Guide (PG - 2020)
- Free Trolls World Tour Movie Guide (PG - 2020)
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my TPT STORE