Literacy activities based on the book Edward The Emu by Sheena Knowles.
1. Retelling Events in Sequence
2. Onset and Rime Word Builder
3. Rhyming Words – IWB and worksheet options
4. One-Syllable Bingo
5. Grammar Sorting – Nouns and Verbs (words only and picture cards)
6. Zoo Narrative – IWB and worksheet options
6. Word Hunt for Digraphs – ea, ee, oo, ck, ll, th
7. Consonant Blends - cr, gr, sn, tr
8. Writing Strips (4 sets) – CVC, consonant digraphs, consonant blends and long vowels
9. Morpheme Match Up
10. Suffix Search - d and ed
Note: Some of the activities are designed for use on an interactive whiteboard. However, I have also included some printables.