This is a book companion for 'Edward the Emu' by Sheena Knowles and illustrated by Rod Clement
This book lends itself to great Tier Two vocabulary, Story re-tell and a great discussion of the positives about being yourself.
Included in this companion are:
* Common Core Standards for Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade
*Non-fiction support about emus and references to videoes that will support the learning
* Written response with two levels of prompts, a worksheet that a non-reader would be able to complete and a more complex prompt. These are opinion prompts
* Breakdown of the reading material and instruction on comprehension strategy page by page of the book, including before reading strategies, during reading strategies and after reading strategies.
* Comprehension questions that follow Bloom Taxonomy
* Introduction of difference between appearance and personality or character traits
*Pictures for all story grammar including all the characters, setting, plan with sequence board, feelings, and problem
*Tier Two vocabulary grid with word, how it is used in the story, child-friendly definition, example beyond the story and picture
* Large size picture of the six vocabulary words drawn from the story
*Rubric for retelling k-2
* Parent letter
Rakovic SLP Chat