*Note - this is lesson #3 in my French Revolution unit. The entire unit can be found on sale in my store if you would like all 3 lessons.
This is a 2 page article about the significance and effects of Napoleon's rule at the tail end of the French Revolution. The article discusses the following topics:
1. Napoleon's background and rise to power.
2. The Napoleonic Code's purpose and creation.
3. The Code's basis on Enlightenment ideas.
4. The Code's spread of Enlightenment values.
5. Napoleon's empire leading to the rise of Nationalism
6. The effects of the rise of Nationalism
7. Napoleon's defeat leading to the Congress of Vienna
8. The Congress of Vienna's goal of a balance of power.
Students read the article and then answer the questions at the end.
For Texas teachers, this article addresses the following TEKs:
WH9 History. The student understands the causes and effects of major political revolutions between 1750 and 1914. The student is expected to:
(B) explain the impact of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Napoleonic Wars on Europe and Latin America
- Dan Nguyen
2 page article with questions