This activity is easy to operate and effective, designed for students to analyze the long lasting effects of the spread of Christianity during the Renaissance and Reformation on both Europe and the Americas. This content rich activity is student centered! Students make connections to today in a current geography map activity!
This worked perfectly for interactive notebooks or as an individual class assignment! Students read a one-page summary and analyze a current religion by region map to analyze how history has affected religious beliefs and culture. Then, students write on a formatted annotated timeline, summarizing the text and shading in varying maps to show their understanding of the impact of the Era of Exploration and Protestant Reformation. Content covered:
1. Era of Exploration, including King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella and the spread of religion through key explorers.
2. The beginning of the Protestant Revolution with Martin Luther.
3. The landing of the Protestant Pilgrims in North America and how Protestantism has affected American culture.
4. The effect of the Thirty Years' War and the Treaty of Westphalia on the division of Christinaty between northern and southern Europe.
5. The Counter Reformation and the Catholic Church decision to spread Catholicism through missionaries and the impact that had throughout the world.
✓ Comes with an answer key!
Tony Pavlovich, Instructomania