Teaching about the Effects of the Civil War in America
Want students to understand the Significant Outcomes of the American Civil War
Hope to practice primary source analysis
while you teach about the Civil War Effects
Use this Primary Source Analysis
Activity to address the CCSS while helping your students gain a better understanding of the Effects of the Civil War.
Students can inspect vivid images, decipher varying quotes, and investigate original documents with guiding questions. A wrap-up question asks students to make comparisons to current events. Since answers will vary, an answer key is NOT provided.
May be used as a class assignment, homework assignment, assessment, or as a small group response activity.
Visit my TpT Store for other Primary Source Handouts for each decade and world event.
Bundles also available!
• Civil War Primary Source Analysis Activity BUNDLED Set CCSS
• Civil War American Document Analysis Activity
• Civil War and Reconstruction SPRITE Social Studies Graphic Organizer
• Reconstruction Cue Cards Activity w/Wrap Up & Alternatives - Civil War
• Reconstruction Plans Ppt Response Group Evaluation Activity Civil War
• U.S. History People Task Cards Civil War to Modern Times
• United States Complete Primary Source Analysis Bundled Set Civil War- Modern Day
• Early American Wars Comparison Activity Walking Tour Revolution Civil War 1812
See my Store for other primary source activities, walking tours, archeological digs, scavenger hunts, and so much more for the Social Studies and ELA classroom.