The following is a common core-based lesson/worksheet on the effects of the Great Depression on the United States. This lesson it typically taught immediately after the Causes of the Great Depression lesson/worksheet available on TPT. This worksheet is loaded with a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote active engagement and critical thinking. Several activities include:
• Do now that reviews from previous lessons and appropriately sets up the lesson.
• Song lyrics analysis – Brother Can You Spare a Dime? – song available on Youtube or Itunes. – includes questions.
• Migrant Mother analysis – includes several critical thinking and thought provoking questions.
• Herbert Hoover on Self-Reliance – primary source analysis, questions, and discussion.
• Link to youtube video – Welcome to Hooverville – includes questions.
• Analysis of the Bonus Army March, the Election of 1932, and FDR’s first inaugural address – includes questions.
• Endless opportunities for class discussion!
• Fill-in-the-blank notes (includes answers)
NEW! Answer key included!
Also available on TPT:
Causes of the Great Depression - US History - Common Core
Causes and Effects of the Great Depression Bundle - US History Common Core
The New Deal - US History Common Core
The Great Depression and the New Deal - US History/APUSH Common Core
This worksheet can easily be modified to fit a longer or shorter class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Please follow me to receive notifications about newly uploaded products. Finally, please rate this worksheet. Thanks!