Egg by Kevin Henkes | book study activities
Also included in
- Welcome your students to the new season with this bundle of Spring Themed book study literacy units your students will LOVE! The units are packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten and First Grade. The craftivity makes a wonderful bulletin board display to showcase learning. Each bPrice $21.50Original Price $28.00Save $6.50
- Introduce your students to an author study of Kevin Henkes, with these book study literacy units your students will LOVE! The units are packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten and First Grade. The craftivities make wonderful bulletin board displays to showcase learning. Each bookPrice $15.75Original Price $21.00Save $5.25
- Help your students dig deep into their reading with this ENDLESS book study bundle of literacy units! The units are packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten and First Grade. The craftivities make wonderful bulletin board displays to showcase learning.Each book study unit can be usPrice $799.00Original Price $1148.00Save $349.00
This is a book study literacy unit for Egg by Kevin Henkes. The unit is packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten and First Grade.
This book study unit can be used as a whole class activity, during small group guided reading time, as individual student work, or as part of a book club. Copy a pack for each student and you're ready to go!
Your class will love the sweet little chicks and their BIG surprise!
THIS UNIT INCLUDES:
STORY ELEMENTS ACTIVITIES
- student unit cover page
- story elements
- making predictions
- character traits
- character analysis
- story retell
- story events
- story clues
- can-have-are-need graphic organizers
MAKING CONNECTIONS ACTIVITIES
- making mental images
- giving my opinion
- giving my advice
- text-to-self connections
- design an egg
- writing retell pages
- writing story prompt
- color write the room activity
- making words
- labeling pages
- vocabulary word search
- cause and effect
- problems and solutions
- author's purpose
- main idea/theme
- let's color
- fiction and non-fiction story elements
- true or false comprehension questions
- Venn diagram comparing the characters
- reading notes
LEARNING STANDARDS CHECKLISTS
- learning standards checklist charts for Common Core, TEKS, VA SOL
MORE SPRING BOOK STUDIES
Note: Leave feedback on my resource and you'll get $ off future purchases!
Permission by author for single classroom use only.
I love it when you share my products with your colleagues! Please do so legally, by purchasing additional licenses- they are available at a discounted price!
Uploading this product onto a platform for your own students to use during distance learning is permitted. In all other cases, uploading this product onto the internet (even to a personal/classroom website) is prohibited and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).