Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.22 MB | 40 pages
This product has seven activities.
1. Interactive notebook for teaching equivalent fractions on a number line and with models.
2. Practicing fractions with food
3. Interactive reader about equivalent fractions
4. Practice creating equivalent fractions using pattern blocks
5. Fraction Dominoes
6. Oh No Fraction Man - match equivalent fractions in a game similar to Old Maid
7.Clip Cards - a great assessment or just more practice
8. Match equivalent fractions to win a game similar to Tic - Tac - Toe
These products will help you teach the following standards:
Understand two fractions as equivalent (equal) if they are the same size, or the same point on a number line.
Recognize and generate simple equivalent fractions, e.g., 1/2 = 2/4, 4/6 = 2/3. Explain why the fractions are equivalent, e.g., by using a visual fraction model.
Explain why a fraction a/b is equivalent to a fraction (n × a)/(n × b) by using visual fraction models, with attention to how the number and size of the parts differ even though the two fractions themselves are the same size. Use this principle to recognize and generate equivalent fractions.