Also included in
- Finding resources that highlight women's history in Japan can be difficult which was one of the reasons why I created these short read resources. But don't buy just one, bundle them, save some money, and have more curriculum to share with your students. Empress Suiko was Japan's first female empress$10.32$14.75Save $4.43
- My entire collection of Asian women's short reads are multi-use and good for a variety of reasons. Include more women in your studies during Women's History Month or if you teach world history Asian history, be sure your course includes these fabulous women and women's issues. Empress Wu and Empress$21.88$31.25Save $9.37
- World History Teachers! This bundle is for you! Asian History Teachers! This bundle is for you!This bundle grows every time I add an Asian history product. You purchase this bundle now, you get any new Asian history product for FREE! This bundle will only get more expensive as I add more products to$65.00$124.90Save $59.90
- Women have been purposefully erased from history in all cultures. Even now, history curriculums ignore the contributions, leadership, troubles, and perils of women in history. Please make an effort to correct this and emphasize more women in your history classes whenever possible. I have a passion f$36.23$51.75Save $15.52
There were eight empresses of Japan, most coming early in their history. Whether the woman was viewed as a real leader or a temporary one, the issue needs to be explored more to help understand the history of women around the world. These women are not part of public school history curriculums but they should be.
This short read is 360 words long due to a lack of information and a lack of interest by western historians. This resource is still Common Core aligned and focuses on the following history skill:
- Forming an opinion
- 4-page workbook that includes the short read
- 4 pages of short read
- 2 pages of summary work
- Answer key for some questions
Finding women to include in your Asian history curriculum can be difficult but we must strive more representation. I have other individual resources (just search my store) or you can get bundles. Japanese Women's History Short Reads Bundle, Asian Women's History Short Reads Bundle, or these are included in the Complete Asian Bundle.
Remember, TpT gives you credits towards future purchases if you leave a review!
If you are unable to leave a 5-star review, please let me know and I will see if I can accommodate you.
Follow my store above! I add new products often and throw sales randomly. You wouldn’t want to miss out.