Also included in
- 6th grade grammar lessons and activities! This grammar bundle covers pronoun use and grammatical understanding listed in the convention section of language for sixth grade, plus other commonly reviewed materials like parts of speech and parts of a sentence.Included are OVER 100 task cards for studen$15.60$22.28Save $6.68
- Stop piecing together middle school grammar lesson plans and get lifetime updates! With this thorough middle school grammar bundle, you will have a variety of activities that span diverse grammar lessons. This bundle includes notes, graphic organizers, quizzes, tests, warm-ups, a textbook, presentat$179.99$338.51Save $158.52
Study the eight parts of speech! This grammar unit includes a pre-test, a post-test, six worksheets, scaffolded work, and 60 sentences on task cards. These grammar activities review nouns, verbs, pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections.
ALL of this material is in two versions: print or digital. You will receive links to digital material as well as the PDF versions. The pre and post tests are in Google Quizzes, so they will grade themselves.
This grammar lesson provides practice for students to identify the eight parts of speech. The parts of speech tests are also in an editable Word Document.
☆ An editable lesson plan.
☆ 6 worksheets. They are scaffolded. Some sections have all of the eight parts of speech together while others will focus on an individual part.
☆ 2 pages of mentor sentences. The mentor sentences have two versions for differentiation.
☆ 3 pages of a historical summary. The summary is the same, but each page has different questions; the questions become increasingly specific. This works for differentiation.
☆ 60 sentences, one per task card. Four task cards per page. The sentences have a word highlighted, and student directions prompt them to label it.
☆ A student answer sheet for the task cards.
☆ 10 sentences for a pre-test in an editable Word Doc and Google Quiz.
☆ 15 sentences for a post-test in an editable Word Doc and Google Quiz.
☆ Answer keys for all grammar activities.
These grammar activities will provide a variety of ways to study the eight parts of speech. This small grammar unit includes over 100 practice sentences! These parts of speech activities are ready to be printed and ready to be shared digitally.
These parts of speech worksheets and activities are in two larger bundles:
• Everything needed to differentiate grammar lesson plans is in the Middle School Grammar Bundle: Parts of Speech, Verbals, Sentence Structure. Buy today, and have access to updates for grammar activities.
• This parts of speech mini unit is included in my eight parts of speech unit with activities for all of the parts of speech.
Do you want age appropriate grammar? This eight parts of speech mini-unit contains easy to read and see fonts and graphics. Middle school and high school students will not find the appearance demeaning.
The best part? The eight parts of speech tests are completely editable—use as many times in different formats as needed.
As a bonus? The creator of these eight parts of speech activities is the published author of The English Grammar Workbook for Grades 6, 7, & 8.
Related Parts of Speech Activities:
A Couple Tips:
• Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales, updated products, and new activities.
• By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases.
Feedback from other teachers about this eight parts of speech bundle of activities. . .
My students used this for a review activity. I really like how I was easily able to use this with my online students. It saved me a ton of time!
This worked really well with my 5th graders! It was an affordable resource and I think my students loved how interactive it was. Thank you so much!!
Love this! Your lessons are easy to understand and well organized!
Great resource! My students were engaged and I was able to see what I needed to focus on. Thank you!