1. Calculate the answers.
2. Colour the squares.
3. Cut out your section.
4. Combine with the class!
Three different mosaics are included! You can get them individually too (click to go to solo pages)
◾ Trigonometry - 32 Sheet Mosaic (tongue out Einstein)
◾ Trigonometry - 35 Sheet Mosaic (funny cartoony Einstein)
◾ Quadratics - 25 Sheet Mosaic (cartoony-but-more-traditional Einstein)
◾ Everything comes in both .docx and .pdf format
◾ full class sets of 32, 35, and 25 worksheets, every sheet unique! Each set combines to create its respective Einstein mosaic
◾ Complete answer keys, giving the answers for all worksheets (easy assessment!)
◾ Teaching Tips page for smooth implementation in your class
◾ Coloured mosaic guide for easy assembly
◾ Scrambled answers list at the bottom of each student's worksheet, allowing for self assessment.
◾ Handy formulas provided on students' worksheets for the Trig versions.
◾ "Order of Problems" sequence that each worksheet follows, included for each version
These mosaics make great unit summative tasks for trigonometry or quadratics. Here's the list of the order of questions each worksheet contains: (Check out the product preview to see sample worksheets and know exactly what these tasks involve!)
Quadratic (25 Students Mosaic) Problem Order:
1) determine the axis of symmetry
2) x or y coord. of vertex, any method
3) y-intercept from vertex form
4) solve - simple factorable, with common factor
5) solve for ‘a’ given vertex & point
6) solve - simple factorable
7) quadratic trajectory word problem
8) x or y coord. of vertex, by completing the square
9) solve - complex factorable
10) solve - quadratic formula, exact roots
11) solve - quadratic formula, decimal roots
12) solve - quadratic formula, exact roots
Trigonometry Mosaics (32 and 35 Student Mosaics) Problem Order:
1) Soh Cah Toa - side
2) sine law - find side
3) Soh Cah Toa - angle
4) cosine law - find side
5) special angles - degrees, full circle
6) special angles - degrees, full circle
7) sine law - find angle
8) Soh Cah Toa - side, from diagram
9) cosine law - find angle
10) Soh Cah Toa - angle, from diagram
11) special angles - degrees, full circle
12) special angles - degrees, full circle
If you like this product, be sure the check out the whole Collaborative Math Mosaic directory, sorted by topic!
The student buy-in factor is HUGE with these worksheets; they all want to see the finished picture come together! High school students love colouring too!
Leave the picture a secret or show it for motivation… it’s your call.
Encourage students to check all their answers by finding them in the scrambled list at the bottom of their worksheet before they colour. This will increase the accuracy of the final picture!
All my collaborative math mosaics use standard pencil-crayon colours found in the Crayola 24 pack. For best results, use the exact colour name match, colour darkly, and stick to one colouring medium (i.e. don't mix crayons with markers with pencil crayons...). Perhaps a class set of pencil crayons would be a fun math department investment!
Feedback, suggestions, and frontline stories are always welcomed!