Want to teach about the Civil Rights Movement
in a whole new way?
Want to integrate primary source analysis
as you teach about the Little Rock Nine
during the Civil Rights Movement
of the 1950s and 1960s in America?
This 1-page handout provides the original American Speech transcript (excerpt) as well as the document image for students to analyze with guiding questions for a better understanding of American documents and, in this case, Eisenhower's speech
on the Integration of Little Rock High School
Includes a significance wrap-up question in which students utilize all of the information to explain the significance of the speech.
Answer Key is Provided!
All images and other primary sources collected from Library of Congress, National Archives or public domain.
Document image is not clear for text reading as all text is in reading block, but is provided for students to see actual document and to evaluate larger content such as dates and format.
See preview for actual product.
Great class or homework assignment!
• Civil Rights Act of 1964 Document Analysis Activity
• Civil Rights Movement Primary Source Analysis Bundle
• Civil Rights Movement Ppt w/ Core Content Lecture Notes
• Civil Rights Movement in Pictures
• Heroes of the Civil Rights Movement Powerpoint Presentation
• Impact of the Civil Rights Movement Powerpoint w/ Content Statistics
• MLK Jr. Martin Luther King Jr. Google Drive Interactive Lesson
• MLK I Have A Dream Speech American Speeches Document Analysis Martin Luther King
• Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes Analysis Task Card Activity Set MLK Day
• Martin Luther King Jr. Scavenger Hunt Task Card or Walking Tour Activity MLK Day
See other Primary Source Analysis Activities in my TpT Store!
You may really like my U.S. Primary Source Analysis Bundle and My SPRITE Series!
Please visit my TpT Store for other great Social Studies, ELA, and New Teacher Resources.
You will find:
Walking Tours through History, Archeological Digs, Bio Card Activities, Game Card Sets, Scavenger Hunts, Centers & Stations Activities, Interactive Lectures, Analysis Assignments, Student Review Materials, Role-Card Activities, Human Board Game Sets, & so much more!