This activity sheet and notes page gives students a chance to learn and practice the Spanish alphabet.
Suggested teaching order:
- Introduce Spanish alphabet & have students take notes on the pronunciations of the letters.
- Listen to and sing an alphabet song such as "Órale, el alfabeto"
- Discuss the additional letters and accents used in Spanish, as well as varied pronunciations of the consonants c, g, ll, and v
- Individual / partner practice spelling words and names aloud
- Play the "Snowman spelling game" (similar to a traditional "hangman" game)
For more practice:
- Spell words aloud in Spanish and have students write down the letters on mini whiteboards, then hold them up to check their spellings
- Have students record videos of themselves spelling words as a formative assessment
- Teach common Spanish names, and have students ask how to spell them using "¿Cómo se escribe?"