This is an entire weekly unit on Spanish body parts, with a grammar focus on commands. It contains vocabulary, grammar, practices, a fun project, and multiple quizzes. The advanced activity has students apply body parts and commands with pronouns using the song "Besame mucho"
- vocabulary list - with 24 vocabulary words and grammar points
- powerpoint - with pictures of all vocabulary words for practice
- song lyrics (goes with: "Cabeza y hombros" and "Los ojos, orejas" on the CD "A Bailar" by Jorge Anaya)
- grammar lesson - commands
- speaking and listening practices: (1) Draw a monster and (2) What hurts you?
- mini project - "Describe your love": students write, draw, and present project in which they compare body parts to "world" words, as in "the eyes of my love are like starts"
- reading and grammar quiz (2 versions for retakes)
- advanced assignment - an independent activity to challenge strong students ("Besame Mucho")
- Each quiz has a rubric at the bottom, which can be easily changed for your own state standards
- In our class, if a student gets 100% correct on the quiz, he or she receives a "proficient" (4/5). The student must complete the advanced assignment in order to get an "advanced" (or a 5/5 to get an A). This may seem confusing, but works very well in our classes for differentiation. Feel free to adapt the grading for what is best for your class, though. :)