El Deafo by Cece Bell is a semi-autobiographical graphic novel about a girl's experience growing up deaf. This story is perfect for upper elementary students and shows the experience of one deaf girl. Cece says she wrote it because she wished others had a "how-to" guide for interacting with deaf students.
This book guide has 29 pages and an answer key.
• Cover Analysis
• Pre Reading
• Quizzes (7 - every 3 chapters)
• Discussion Questions: Ch 1-10
• Discussion Questions: Ch 11-21
• Cause and Effect (4 - every 5 chapters)
• Book Review
• Vocabulary List
• Vocabulary Worksheet (blank)
• Traits of Cece, Laura Martha, Ginny (1 page each)
• Cece and You
• Cece and El Deafo
• Martha and Laura
• ASL Alphabet Chart