Also included in
- Never wonder again what you're going to use to teach Spanish-speaking culture when the biggest Hispanic holidays come around. This proficiency-centered bundle includes resources perfect for Hispanic Heritage Month like the Spanish-speaking country bulletin board activities and webquest. For Spanish$48.61$69.44Save $20.83
- Teaching for proficiency doesn't have to eat up your weekends and your prep time in your comprehensible Spanish classroom. Get all the essentials you need for distance learning to teach Hispanic culture, high-frequency verbs, and Spanish 1 vocabulary in one place and get back to teaching with compre$97.70$122.12Save $24.42
Finding a cultural reading with relevant activities that your Spanish 1 students can actually understand can be challenging for comprehensible input classrooms. Look no further for 5 colorful Día de los Muertos activities on the festive traditions in Oaxaca, Mexico especially for Spanish 1 novice students!
>>>>>>>>>CLICK HERE FOR THE DIGITAL VERSION FOR GOOGLE CLASSROOM™<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
These Día de los Muertos activities for novice learners emphasize high-frequency verbs while presenting authentic Mexican culture. It is written in comprehensible, simple Spanish with beautiful photos and clear explanations for beginner students.
It highlights the present tense forms and provides the meanings for the super 7 Spanish verbs as well as a comprehensive glossary of Day of the Dead vocabulary. It also includes five creative and higher-level thinking extension activities for personalized learning.
5 activities included:
- Design your own calavera sugar skull
- Design your own ofrenda altar de muertos
- Write a trip itinerary for Oaxaca Day of the Dead events
- Write a postcard describing the events of the Day of the Dead in Oaxaca
- Create an altar for a TV character or family member.
PSST...Save 30% on this in the Hispanic Culture and Holiday Bundle for CI Teachers
NO PREP! Just print the reading (also prints well in black-and-white), and pages for extension activities. Have students work through the reading together and then choose their desired project to show their understanding.
The reading in Spanish details the basic traditions with the products, practices, AND perspectives of Oaxaca’s Day of the Dead, according to ACTFL guidelines. Your middle or high school Spanish students will be challenged and still comprehend the input they read, while learning about authentic Mexican culture!
You may also like...
If you love using videos of authentic Spanish speakers to provide your students with authentic culture during Day of the Dead (and need a project), this activity pairs beautifully with Virtual Field Trip to Oaxaca, Mexico
Don't forget that this resource has a digital version for Schoology, Google Classroom, and Microsoft Teams! CLICK HERE
Love this resource? Save 20% on more like it in the Spanish 1 Curriculum Kit for CI Teachers
Follow my TpT store by clicking the green star above to be the first to find out about sales & events!
Read More on the Blog
You can read more about how I use comprehensible input in my high school world language classes at my blog-become a subscriber to receive the ultimate guide to all things teaching in 2020 - the World Language Teacher Toolkit!
I'm here to support you through Distance Learning. What type of resource do you need?
FREE - Introduce Spanish High-Frequency Verbs:
Get your lesson planning + self care dialed in:
Connect your students with the daily life of students around the world
Bring the party virtually - Confetti not included :)
Save big on current and future digital lessons: