This printable Power Point presentation offers students important cultural information about "El Día de los Reyes Magos" and invites them to participate in virtual activities that simulate different facets of the holiday celebration.
Students will learn about Melchor, Gaspar, and Baltasar and how they figure into the Christmas season in Mexico and other Spanish-speaking countries. They will read about the large festival in Mexico City at Alameda Park and write their own brief letter to the Three Kings. They will acquire vocabulary related to the holiday and use it to complete a variety of activities and exercises.
Your students will love choosing a piece of a virtual Rosca de Reyes and seeing if they found the figure of el niño Jesús in one of two interactive activities. In the second interactive activity, students will see figures added to the nacimiento and learn when and where each one is placed. Guaranteed to be educational AND fun for your students!
This Product Includes:
1. Six Readings - cover the major traditions of Three Kings Day in English with key Spanish vocabulary highlighted in each reading.
2. Letter Writing Activity - students write a brief letter to the Three Kings in Spanish. Phrase ideas provided.
3. Vocabulary Acquisition Activity - students complete sentences with new words they have learned.
4. Virtual Rosca de Reyes Activity - students choose a piece and click to see if they have found el niño Jesús
5. Virtual Nacimiento - students see figures added to a nativity scene and learn when and where they are placed
6. 2 Summative Activities - a venn diagram, and a vocabulary sorting activity
7. Teacher/Student Resource Links - links to videos that provide more information about the holiday and show the celebrations
If you like this product, click below to check out similar products also available in this store:
Las Posadas Cultural Activities
Cinco de Mayo: What Would Benito Juarez Do?
El Día de las Madres Activity Pack
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. ☺