The Book "El Gran Capoquero" is an amazing Amazonian Tale that will deliver the conservationist message to your students. As a Spanish Teacher is important to show the beautiful Amazonian Ecosystem to our students. We need to teach them the unique animals and the beauty of our Rain forest. Once you read the book to the class distribute the project to the class. Use the project to teach them to write full sentences with appropriate gender/noun combinations.
This interactive project is the perfect tool to celebrate Earth Day April 22 in your classroom and review color/noun agreement in Spanish. GREAT SUB PLAN FOR APRIL The Tropical Rain forest project was designed to allow your students to cut and color 14 animals creating their own jungle drawing. Each animal will be labeled in Spanish and described based on color and size.
1. 14 Black and white pictures of Rain forest animals labeled in Spanish including the indefinite article
2. Vocabulary worksheet with the 14 animals
3. Writing prompt including the 14 animals , colors and sizes. Each animal should be described based on color and size.
For example. La hormiga es roja y grande
4. La Selva Writing prompt. Students should pick 10 sentences and write them together. This should be attached to original drawing for grading
5. Colorea el marcador de libros- Students can create their own rainforest bookmark
6. Word Search- Students will look for the 14 animals. Encourage competition in a friendly game where small groups can work together to get a homework pass
1- Distribute drawings to students. Provide a piece of 12X14 construction paper. Students should cut and create a jungle drawing and label each animal.
2- Students complete the color/noun writing prompt. Please explain color/noun combinations and changes based on gender.
For example La hormiga es roja y mediana .
3- Collect and provide feedback
4-Ask students to submit project and final prompt
5- Students can work in both word search and bookmark
You can grade 14 animals and labels = 28 +2 for creativity & neatness = 30
The 10 sentences X 2= 20 points
Total scales will be 30+20= 50/50
This will be an easy way for them to succeed in the project. They get points just by labeling correctly using Spanish. They can do good sentences. Project will require at least two days.
Have students work on Rainforest with a sub. If they finish early have them work on bookmark and Word Search